(1 oz / 30 ml) GLYCOLIC Acid 50% Skin Chemical Peel – Unbuffered – Alpha Hydroxy (AHA) For Acne, Oily Skin, Wrinkles, Blackheads, Large Pores & More (from Skin Beauty Solutions)
Alpha-hydroxy acids are commonly found and isolated from fruits of all sorts. That is why they are referred to as fruit acids. For example, malic acid is found in apples, citric acid can be isolated from most citrus fruits and glycolic acid is commonly found in honey and sugar cane. Lactic acid is found in
Alpha-hydroxy acids are commonly found and isolated from fruits of all sorts. That is why they are referred to as fruit acids. For example, malic acid is found in apples, citric acid can be isolated from most citrus fruits and glycolic acid is commonly found in honey and sugar cane. Lactic acid is found in milk that has soured and Tartaric acid can be isolated from fermented grapes (wine).
Glycolic acid works as an exfoliating agent because of its high acidity but easy solubility. When placed on the skin as part of an exfoliating cream or gel, glycolic acid goes under the damaged upper layers of skin and destroys the ‘glue’, which holds dead skin to the surface. As this dead skin is chemically burned off, the other ingredients carry the individual flakes away and a water rinse neutralizes the remaining acid. The result is a much-smoother skin surface and a more youthful appearance. A secondary benefit is glycolic acid’s ability to draw moisturizers into the newly exfoliated skin surface.
One study showed that topical treatment twice a day for 3 months with 5% glycolic acid cream at pH 2.8 affected surface and epidermal changes, while the same treatment, but with a 12% cream reached deeper and influenced both the epidermis and the deeper dermis layer, and resulted in increased epidermal and dermal firmness and thickness. Both showed clinical improvement in skin smoothness and in the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Another study showed that AHAs might thin the outer stratum corneum, but actually end up increasing the overall thickness of the epidermis. This thickening is accompanied by increased synthesis of collagen. It is apparent that alpha-hydroxy acids may do more than just increase exfoliation and skin cell turnover
- Chemical peels work by loosening and gently sloughing off the damaged, unattractive skin cells
- Glycolic Peels can also work on the deeper layers of skin to accelerate the skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin
- Glycolic Acid has been beneficial in improving dry skin, treating age spots, decreasing facial lines, and rejuvenating the skin’s surface
- This is an Unbuffered LOW PH Glycolic Acid, this type is much stronger then our regular buffered Glycolic Acid. FOR BODY USE ONLY. IMPORTANT-PLEASE READ OUR FULL DISCLOSURE AT OUR WEBSITE
- Full Instructions and Gauze Pads.
Famous Words of Inspiration...
Powered By AMZ QuoteCash